Question re: Resto Talents

• Initiate

Just wanted to get some feedback from those with more experience or just get a bit of discussion going. Looking at the resto talents (particularly with hybrid builds) I notice that totemic focus is almost always taken. Reviewing the mana costs of top end totem costs, it would appear that a full cycle of all 4 totems would usually not exceed ~1K mana, meaning that for 5 talent points you're effectively saving 250 mana (so maybe getting in 1 extra downranked heal?) or generating 50 mana per talent point.

Why is this talent so frequently maxed out - particularly when there seems to be various levels of indecision about which of the middle tier talents to invest in/max? Talents I'm looking at in particular are Improved Reincarnation, Healing Grace, Healing Focus, and Totemic Focus. I'd be really interested in ranking out their relative value and how much they bring to your overall effectiveness as even in 0/5/46 builds all these don't seem to be maxed out and in hybrid builds you might want to pick the ones that are bringing the most overall value per point. Maybe there's a certain rank for some of these that represent the most value per point but totemic focus at 5/5 feels like it isn't bringing as much to the table as its constant inclusion in talent builds implies.

tl;dr why is totemic focus always maxed, can we compare relative value of points in Improved Reincarnation, Healing Grace, Healing Focus, and Totemic Focus

• Shaman

Totemic Focus, for me, is really valuable while leveling. I'm constantly throwing totems down for a new trash pack or the next set of mobs when grouping. If I am solo and the mobs aren't dying quickly, I am saving more mana there.

When it comes to raids/instances. If I attempt to "Totem Twist" I am going to need that mana as well. Keeping up the Agi buff as well as Windfury for the melee group is really advantageous but also mana intense.

In PvP I'm constantly switch totems for the moment. Grounding totem, and back to windfury for my Warrior partners. Or Earthbind and Tremor Totem. The mana reduction is really important there. Shamans have so much intense Damage while they still have mana. Its a huge gate in getting stuff done. Once I'm out of mana I have to try to retreat to get some more.

Those are the moments where I find Totemic Focus to be extremely valuable.