• Video

Youtube Video

Detailed Weapon Stats

Supercharger Battle Axe
    2.8% Chance-on-hit to instantly cast Lightning Bolt
    1.5x Crit Multiplier
    +1.1 Damage-Per-Second on average from Lightning Bolts

In-Depth Explanation

The Supercharger Battle Axe is a rare Two-Handed Axe. Its unique chance-on-hit ability will occasionally cause you to shoot a Lightning Blast at your current target that deals 80-100 Nature damage.

I spent a long time hitting things 940 times with this weapon and it fired off 27 Lightning Blasts altogether. From that testing alone, we can see it has a 2.8% chance-on-hit to fire. 2.8% equals an average of one Lightning Blast every 90 seconds, or 0.75 PPM for this weapon, which has an attack speed of 2.8 seconds.

Also, it crit once, which equals a 3.4% crit chance but I wouldn't take that number seriously due to the low sample size of crits. Rather, most item-and-gear-based chance-on-hit abilities in Vanilla had a fixed 5% crit chance, so I'm going to assume 5%. It also dealt 150 damage on crit which means it has a 1.5x crit damage multiplier.

Assuming, therefore, a 2.8% chance-on-hit and a 5% crit chance, the Supercharger Battle Axe ability will add an average of 1.1 additional damage-per-second to this weapon. However, it is still up to random chance and deals damage in bursts, which is helpful in PvP and bad for threat management in PvE.

The Supercharger Battle Axe is a rare quality item that drops off of various non-boss mobs throughout Gnomeregan. It becomes Soulbound on equip so you can often find it sold on the Auction House.

When I find enough +Spell Damage gear to get conclusive results I'll find out if the damage increases with stats or not.

Thanks for reading, and remember, go crazy!

About the Author

I make videos about the lesser-known ways you can play the 9 classes of Classic World of Warcraft. I'm also a big fan of level 19 twinking. If you would like a video made about something, feel free to let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/GideonAI