The Egregious Guide to Classic Resto Shaman

• Initiate

Is deep resto (mana tide) absolutely necessary for raid healing, or would you be able to get away with 30/0/21 (pvp spec)?

• Founder Shaman

@Rain-Himebauch Hmm, I currently use these:

Flask of Distilled Wisdom x1
    Major Mana Potion x20+
    Dark or Demonic Rune x15+
    Mighty Troll's Blood Potion x15
    Rumsey Rum Black Label x15
    Nightfin Soup x20
    Restorative Potion x5
    Greater Arcane Protection Potion x5
    Fire Protection Potion x10
    Greater Fire Protection Potion x5
    Free Action Potion x5
    Limited Invulnerability Potion x5
    Noggenfogger Elixir x40+

This is an exhaustive list of what I'm currently using. After Nightfin Soup the consumables listed are to solve encounter mechanic problems like magic and curse on Luci, Gehennas, and Baron, arcane explosion on Shazz, etc. Hope this helps.

@pwnmachine If you want to have the most impact in your raid, yes. If you want to conserve on gold for respecs and have some outworld questing/grinding ability, no. I'll leave answering that question up to you and your raid.

• Initiate

Great guide!

A few of questions came up in my mind, perhaps you have the answer.

1. Is it in your opinion a possibility of getting banned from using the "totem recall" macro?
    2. Would you recommend going for full t1 first or the offpieces? As I understand, partly from your guide, the t1 is for the most part (apart from a few pieces) only good when acting when a pseudo chain heal with full set.
    3. Is the 5 fire res enchant on shoulders missing or was it not planned when this guide was released?

• Founder Shaman

@TreKaufPL To answer your questions:

1. I do not believe so, no.
    2. It is very competitive for tank and melee healing. At this stage in the game, prior to T2 3pc, it is converts your Healing Waves rank 7, 8 and 9 into a CH rank 3+. I would say go for T1 8/8 if you are dedicated to tank healing or prefer to heal with HW.
    3. I'm probably too dumb to have included that fire enchant. I'll look into it.

• Initiate

@Egregious Is there a reason you don't use elixir of fortitude as well? buff cap or something?

• Initiate

The removal of totems through your macro has stopped working since the new patch on 11th December. I'm guessing it has to do with the way it makes the totems a clickable buff in some way.

I'm wondering if you know a way to make it work again or if something similar instead could replace your awesome macro?

Thanks in advance!

• Founder Shaman

@Rain-Himebauch said in The Egregious Guide to Classic Resto Shaman:

@Egregious Is there a reason you don't use elixir of fortitude as well? buff cap or something?

You can definitely use it. I worry about buff cap, yes. I don't use Rumsey Rum and other small buffs due to that consideration. I'm doing a bit of an overhaul on the guide soon to include my Classic experience.

@TreKaufPL said in The Egregious Guide to Classic Resto Shaman:

The removal of totems through your macro has stopped working since the new patch on 11th December. I'm guessing it has to do with the way it makes the totems a clickable buff in some way.

I'm wondering if you know a way to make it work again or if something similar instead could replace your awesome macro?

Thanks in advance!

I don't believe there is any fix at this time.

• Initiate

@Egregious I've always wondered why we pick up the healing wave talents instead of pushback resistance and imp death for the melee buff spec. Shaman shouldn't be swapping between both heals during a fight outside of the occasional NS+HW combo. Why not make the melee buffer shaman a dedicated chain heal bot instead?

• Founder Shaman

@hifi369 You absolutely can. The spec lines out the generalist option but if you ever want to hard commit to deeper talents within a tree simply abandon Imp Healing Wave and Healing Way and commit yourself to CH and LHW as your throughput options.

The reason I like that spec and like having the "Deep Resto" talents is that, in case anything ever goes sideways or on progression where something unexpected occurs, you can switch roles and solidly tank heal. This is less true in Classic for some but equally as valuable as a player. I personally use the Healing Wave talents <1% of the time, however, when I needed it, it was there. If you want to specialize, no disagreement at all. Just know the cost of the trade.

• Initiate

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS