Just play a Shaman... You know you want to!

• Founder Shaman Horde

@Einherjar All the best of luck! You can do it!

• Founder Shaman Horde

@Cx-Security Same to you my friend. If you need any pointers, let me know!

• Horde

I typically would always play warrior or paladin in the past in any rpg. Something about the heavy armor aesthetic and protecting your teammates resonated with me. However after playing a few games that didn't adhere to the typical holy trinity set up, I found myself really enjoying a support role.

I settled on shaman for Classic. I know I'm not gonna play as an Alliance pig, so paladin is right out. But after peeping some of Melderon's shaman guides, and dabbling a bit on Voldemort servers, I know this class is for me.

As much as I'd love to slide into an enhancement role and totem twist with Nightfall in hand, I'm afraid I won't be able to win out a raid spot. I think I'm going to spec resto, and even level as that spec to learn first hand all I can as I approach endgame. Healing will be new territory for me, so I'm looking forward to embracing that side of the game. Thankfully this site has all I need to prepare myself.

• @Melderon said in Just play a Shaman, you know you want to!:

@Einherjar All the best of luck! You can do it!

It's either that, or eat them... I don't mind really.. 🙂

• Founder Shaman

This is the most applicable thread on this entire forum.

• Shaman Horde

Beano here I am getting ready to go. Will be playing a Resto end game I healed all of BC and Wrath as a Shaman and I really want to get back to it. I have been practicing my leveling on light bringer so I can lvl up fast so on launch I wont get stuck behind the pack.

• Initiate

I can’t wait to get my shaman up and running. Melderon, I’m going to use the resto shaman you posted, it will help with my muscle memory, plus I’m guessing getting groups for dungeons as I level will not be a problem👍 My only problem is I want a orc due to the name I want to call him........Orcameadees

• Shaman

There are other classes? Why would I even feign interest in another? They don't get to control the elements and throw out beautiful ropes of chain lightning or strike foes with the swift punishment of the elements!

• Initiate

Shaman? Ok I'll give it a try.

• Warlock Shaman Horde

I made one on the reserve. If I could only have two toons this entire Classic experience, I would go with a warlock and a warrior. Shaman I have no experience with but I like the idea of versatility in helping others in whichever way they need most. I like to feel needed and special, so I also like that they are one of the lesser played classes. I don't like druid. Just can't do it. Even class fantasy is off for me. I love healing, but I don't want to be stuck into that role forever either. I will likely end up using the Shaman as my second alt over my warrior, I'm just not super secure in if I can pilot one well and if I'll like their class fantasy.