What professions will you get in Classic and why?

• Founder Shaman Horde

I spend a lot of time thinking about what professionals I'll go with. I like to have a good amount of cash for my mounts, etc. I think on a fresh server, it is definitely prudent to get Skinning, so I'll do that for sure. But Mining and Herbalism will be tough on a fresh server due to the economy being in its infancy. For this reason, I'll go Leatherworking and Skinning so I can benefit from my professions directly through crafting and indirectly through selling bulk skins.

I'll then likely go Herbalism and Alchemy for endgame after grinding out my epic mount.

What professions will you choose and why?

• I'll be going mining/engineering on my first one atleast. I never really did get engineering up back in the days.. and I really want those trinkets for pvp this time around. I might start it as mining/skinning tho, just to get those gold for the mount, then to hop over once I get it.

• Founder Warrior Horde

I like the idea of being "that guy" with the Lionheart Helm recipe or some other essential Blacksmithing recipe. Might go Engineering/Blacksmithing on my main at 60.

• Founder Shaman

I think I'm going to mirror my Feenix days and run Herb / Eng. Herb for money because weak and can't farm as Resto and Eng for the tears of the vanquished who die to my reflectors and g'nades. Or Alch / Eng... but then I'll definitely need my Mage alt to be leveled before my Priest alt.

• Skinning and Enchanting. Skinning because it's practical while leveling and feels right for me class fantasy wise as a Druid. I'm picking enchanting just because it's a personally satisfying profession. I also like being able to help others.

I also plan on leveling fishing and cooking to 300 to help my guild and make some gold.

• Hunter Shaman Warrior Horde

Depending on what I main, I'm gonna do skinning/LW on my shaman, or tailoring/enchanting on a secondary character. I probably wont get into mining or herbalist until I have 2 max level toons

• Mage Alliance

Even though I will have to buy all of those stupid rods (be nice to me Blacksmiths) I am going to switch to Enchanting later in the game. I am going to start out with Tailoring & skinning (to vendor skins for a little extra cash). I am going to get 1st aid, for some quick healing. I'm going to skip fishing until I hit 60, then do it all at once, & will probably skip cooking for a while at least. I am going to get enchanting on my bank alt so he can DE my greens for me to use the mats later on. That is my plan, subject to another 100 revisions. 🙂

• Founder Druid Alliance

I'm still waffling. For leveling I'm going skinning, herbing. But after that I'll have to get enchanting for the trinket and then we'll see. Maybe engineering? I dunno.

• Horde

Herb/Alch for me i want to supply the guild i will join with fresh brews

• Partner

Herb alchemy off the bad because of the sweet buffs.

• Horde

@Pohgren heck yeah

• Initiate

how would you make money if you have 2 crafting professions and no gathering one? i want go go eng/alch but i don't think i will be able to get money as a pally to buy herbs for pots and bombs

• Shaman Horde

I will be doing Herb / Alchemy I may not make as much leveling but it well give me a good jump to start on getting my stuff for raiding, and it will save me a ton in the end. At 60 I will max out my cooking and fishing as well.

• Founder Warrior Horde

@Beano Consider doing Cooking as you level! I'm working on a guide about just that. The buff food you get is helpful no matter what class you are.

• Shaman Horde

@Navak OK I will check it out. I tend to save all of the mats I find for cooking then do it at the end so I don't slow down to much but if I can mix it in with out slowing down to much I am all for it.

• Druid Horde Partner

@Leadder if you're trying to make money with Alchemy while leveling, you can definitely just buy herbs to make potions and sell them. There will be a ton of people taking Herbalism at the start (high supply), many people choosing to level crafting professions at max level (low demand), and not that much gold in the market, all leading to low prices. If you're talking about going Eng/Alch to use what you make as you level, then yeah that will become very expensive. You'd have to play the Auction House a lot more in order to supply your consumable use, which gets expensive even if you have double gathering professions. At least you don't have to pay the same as everyone for your mount at 40, though.

• Druid Horde Partner

@Jodak Also, Enchanting as a druid will give you access to a BiS bear trinket

• Mage Alliance

@Pohgren said in What professions will you get in Classic and why?:

Herb alchemy off the bad because of the sweet buffs.

I forgot about profession buffs. Were they in Vanilla? Or were they introduced later?

• Partner

@ReverendChris I was referring to Potions and the buffs you get from those. Bonus Armor, Bonus Str, Ect.
    Make leveling nice Imo.
    Cuz I dont think the Profession buffs are in classic. I want to say that is BC.

• Founder Shaman Horde

@Pohgren it was either wrath or cata