The Egregious Classic Resto Shaman Progressive BiS

• Initiate

@Egregious Have you looked into the advantages/disadvantages of p6 gearing in Naxx. Looking through the T3 set pieces, they seem to offer only marginal benefit if any on a few select pieces over the straight +healing set and none of the set bonuses seem particularly impactful given totemic power not interacting with chain heal. How do you actually look at T3 pieces as far as their value when itemizing gearsets? It would seem that T2.5/T2 is still going to outpace by roughly the same amount and most of the T3 pieces are comparable at best or even a downgrade when valued strictly as offpieces compared to their alternatives in a +healing set.

• Initiate

@Egregious could you provide any direction on the value of T3 set bonuses, versus wearing none at all? I have some shaman in my raid group who are adamant that T3 is not an upgrade to any available gear pre-Naxx and they will not be wearing any of it because "the set bonuses are bad".

• Founder Shaman

@protean2213 Hey, hope I can help clarify.

T3 is a very well balanced set as far as stats go. It has high primary stats and a very strong mix of +heal and MP5. There is no wasted item budget on Spirit, resists or other less than ideal stats for our class/role. This stat balances makes it very attractive from a HEP value perspective. While not being the highest piece in any slot as far as +healing goes, many of the T3 pieces win out through HEP due to the high Int and MP5 values. These calculations also do not take into account Stamina which, in Classic PvE and in PvE in general throughout WoW, has been a critically undervalued stat outside tanking. I have recently updated my Naxx BiS list to include my current evaluations of gear available in Phase 6.

To your question(s). T3 is not the highest throughput set in that it doesn't have the highest available +healing. If you value only +healing then you can rely on the BiS items outlined in the AQ list or in the Highest +Heal w/ T2 3pc that I have just included after the Naxx gear list. If you value a balance of stats then T3 outcompetes many pieces in terms of overall value. This segues into the set bonuses. Let's work backwards from 8 to 2pc. The 8pc is fantastic, so fantastic Blizzard split it off into its own spell, Water Shield, in TBC. However, you can never equip it as you would lose T2 3pc. The 6pc is so situational it's just bad. The amount of thinking a player would have to do to have it meaningfully up at any given point in time is one both extremely high and would reduce the niche value of a well geared Shaman. Almost completely useless as far as I am concerned. From there the 4 and 2 pieces are good. If you have noticed a theme the set bonuses trend toward mana conservation. T3 2pc may have the highest use in Classic as the impact from a speed running view is high but the value from the MST would be negligible. Replacing totems frequently reduces the value of MST and therefore the 4pc. However, the average player will likely see some value out of 4pc. In all, T3 2pc and 8pc are the strongest set bonuses. If you subscribe to my evaluation of gear in Naxx while not running T2.5 5pc you will be using 5 pieces of T3 which will allow you to comfortably use the 2 and 4 piece bonuses.

• Initiate

@Egregious Would you say that a shaman with 5 piece T2.5 usually, or always, outperforms a shaman with AQ40 off pieces + naxx T3 items; if we disregard rings/cloak/weapons etc from Naxx. Many, or most, guilds seem to not allow shaman to have access to tier pieces in naxx, which makes shaman probably stick with T2.5.

Then if T2.5 outperforms the off- and T3 pieces, no matter what, then I assume what I wrote above also is the best way to gear the raid.
    Mostly asking because you didn't, unless I missed something, actually point out which path is BIS during Naxx and/or if something will be released after Naxx; only that T2.5 has the highest HPS output during >25 second fights (until you are oom).

• Founder Shaman

@TreKaufPL During trash and under most encounter conditions it is easier for a T2.5 Shaman to outperform a non T2.5 user. The reason for why is multivariable but it's mostly due to the nature of Haste in relation to the available +healing tradeoff. If you are absolutely T2 3pc with +heal BiS then you'll have a 200ish +heal lead over a T2.5 Shaman. With that lead it is possible to outperform a T2.5 user on encounters with frequent breaks in casting; however, if you are not absolutely BiS it will be significantly harder to compete with T2.5.

IMO there is no reason to prio Shaman T3 over the classes who see significant benefit from the set. We don't get much in the way of set bonuses and, while many of the pieces are very good, they are small upgrades or sidegrades depending on how you value +healing in relation to what's available in the game up to Naxx.

• Initiate

@Egregious Thanks for the answer! I agree with the +healing part. But T3 and off pieces also offer more mp5, stam and int for fights that last longer and require some survivability.

Like for example, I'm assuming, sometimes it is better to have 150k spread over 60 seconds rather than 110k spread over 40 seconds, if the latter results in you being out of gas, as haste means both higher HPS but also "go oom faster". As you said, fights where you go all out for 1 minute, haste is better with currently available gear. Perhaps this is what you meant with breaks.

• Founder Shaman

@TreKaufPL I don't disagree that, on the whole, most T3 items are better. My HEP values support this as well. The HEP values I have put out are a good starting point for players who can then tailor them to meet their personal demand.

When I say, "breaks in casting" I mean any time you are not required to chain back-to-back casts in combat. Additionally, there are breaks in combat -the frequency and duration of time spent out of combat allowing the player to drink- which also reduce the value of MP5. Just think about your specific raid environment in order to make judgements about how much MP5 or how much survivability you might want.

• Initiate

@Egregious Given it seems like Eye of the Dead is functioning a bit differently than anticipated with the active ability, how do you value it compared to ZHC/NAC - obviously the math changes as the fight length shifts but with the current functioning it seems like the active ability isn't particularly notable if it only affects 1.5 casts of chain heal every 2 min.

What are your thoughts on prioritizing the item in general assuming it isn't changed? (Not sure whether to even anticipate it being changed as it's unclear to me whether this is actually a bug or working as intended)

• Founder Shaman

@protean2213 said in The Egregious Classic Resto Shaman Progressive BiS:

@Egregious Given it seems like Eye of the Dead is functioning a bit differently than anticipated with the active ability, how do you value it compared to ZHC/NAC - obviously the math changes as the fight length shifts but with the current functioning it seems like the active ability isn't particularly notable if it only affects 1.5 casts of chain heal every 2 min.

What are your thoughts on prioritizing the item in general assuming it isn't changed? (Not sure whether to even anticipate it being changed as it's unclear to me whether this is actually a bug or working as intended)

Sorry for the delay.

Although it's sad to see EotD works this way, I do believe it functions properly when considering the verbiage and how that same phrasing has been used in WoW. Given that the trinket will only impact a limited number of CHs or HWs (assuming T18pc) Shaman priority does drop. Sadly IMO it drops below both Priest and RDruid. However, Priest should consume all 5 charges of the trinket if they use PoH. This makes EotD a single target heal or HoT trinket only under current working conditions, multitarget heals suffer a considerable drawback. It's still BiS for Shaman in nearly all circumstances as the flat +healing bonus alone is such that an on-use trinket would only be better in extremely short duration encounters. With an EotD there is still on-use application especially as you rotate through trash but EotD should be an "equip and forget" sort of deal for boss encounters.

• Initiate

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS