Phase 1 Warrior Prot PreRaid BiS List
I wanted to throw together a simple warrior preraid bis in text form for phase 1.
- Gyth's Skull - Dropped from Gyth in UBRS. You should farm a couple versions of this helm as it has a random Elemental resistances Nature and Fire.
- Golem Skull Helm - Dropped from Magmus in BRD. As UBRS requires an extensive Keying process, this MAY be your only option early phase 1.
- Stockade Pauldrons - Random world drop from lvl 51-60 world mobs.
- Spaulders of Valor - Dropped from Rend in UBRS
- Wailing Nightbane Pauldrons - Dropped from The Unforgiven a rare spawn in Stratholme.
- Other than Stockade Pauldrons there aren't many amazing choices for shoulders in phase 1. If you get stuck not getting the above to drop, you CAN run with green shoulders 'of the' Monkey, Stamina, Bear. Avoid green "of Defense" as this early in the meta you will need the stamina to stay alive.
- Deathbone Chestplate - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance. VERY low drop chance <2%. Mainly considered BiS for Def. cap fights only.
- Ornate Adamantium Breastplate - Acquired from a quest In Dreams, chain starting in Eastern Plaguelands from Tirion Fordring. While farming the other pieces you should be working on this quest chain.
- Skul's Cold Embrace - Dropped from Skul in Stratholme.
- Vigorsteel Vambraces - Dropped From Darkmaster Gandling final boss in Scholomance.
- Bracers of Valor - Random world drop from lvl 54-60 mobs in Black Rock Spire.
- TPS alternative: Blackmist Armguards - Dropped from The Beast in UBRS.
- Again until phase 2 there aren't many great options, avoid items without stam.
- Stonegrip Gauntlets - Random world drop from lvl 51-60 world mobs.
- Deathbone Gauntlets - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance. If you have 2 pieces of this set you get an additional +3 def from the Set bonus. VERY low drop chance <2%.
- Cragfists - Dropped from Ancient Stone Keeper in Uldaman. These come with a random stat distribution, Of the bear, monkey, or stam are usable until you've acquired the above.
- TPS alternative: Voone's Vice Grips - Acquired from Onyxia raid atunement, Warlord's Command for Horde, and Maxwell's Mission on alliance.
- Deathbone Girdle - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance. If you have 2 pieces of this set you get an additional +3 def from the Set bonus. VERY low drop chance <2%.
- Stalwart Clutch - Acquired from one of two BRD quests. Disharmony of Fire for Horde and Incendius! for the Alliance.
- TPS Alternative: Brigam Girdle - Dropped from General Drakkisath in UBRS.
- Deathbone Legguards - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance. If you have 2 pieces of this set you get an additional +3 def from the Set bonus. VERY low drop chance <2%.
- Legplates of the Eternal Guardian - Dropped from Chest of The Seven in BRD. These are only good until you can acquire the above. MUST enchant with 100 HP.
- Slagplate Leggings - Acquired from quest STOLEN: Smithing Tuyere and Lookout's Spyglass in Searing Gorge. This is the easiest to acquire of the tank legs. Use these over Legplates of the Eternal Guardian unless required for Def cap on a fight that requires it.
- Deathbone Sabatons - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance. If you have 2 pieces of this set you get an additional +3 def from the Set bonus. VERY low drop chance <2%.
- Boots of Avoidance - Random world drop from lvl 41-50 world mobs.
- Naglering - Dropped from Golem Lord Argelmach in BRD.
- Drakeclaw Band - Dropped from one of the four final dragon Mini-Bosses in Sunken Temple. These come with a random stat distribution, Of the bear, monkey, or stam are acceptable.
- Myrmidon's Signet - Random world drop from lvl 54-61 world mobs.
- Band of Flesh - Dropped from Ramstein the Gorger the second to last boss on the Undead side of Stratholme.
- Hardened Stone Band - Random world drop from lvl 54-61 world mobs.
- DPS focused rings with Hit%, Crit% and stamina are also acceptable.
- Blackstone Ring - Dropped from Princess Theradras in Maraudon.
- Painweaver Band - Dropped from General Drakkisath in UBRS.
- Medallion of Grand Marshal Morris - Random world drop from lvl 52-61 world mobs.
- Not many tanking focused Necklaces exist phase 1.
- Force of Will - Dropped from General Angerforge in BRD.
- Demon's Blood - Acquired from quest You Are Rakh'likh, Demon. Chain starts in Swamp of Sorrows with Fallen Hero of the Horde.
- Mark of the Chosen - Acquired from quest The Pariah's Instructions from Centaur Pariah.
- Ramstein's Lightning Bolts - Dropped from Ramstein the Gorger the second to last boss on the Undead side of Stratholme. Mainly useful for AOE tanking.
- As with rings, DPS focused items are acceptable until the above are acquired, and can be favorable in more TPS>survival fights.
- Hand of Justice - Dropped from Emperor Dagran Thaurissan the final boss of BRD.
- Blackhand's Breadth - Acquired from Ony attunement quest, For The Horde! for Horde, and General Drakkisath's Demise for alliance.
- Bloodmoon Cloak - Dropped from The Beast in UBRS.
- Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape - Dropped from Stonespine a rare spawn on undead side of Stratholme.
- The Emperor's New Cape - Dropped from Emperor Dagran Thaurissan the final boss of BRD.
- Draconian Deflector - Dropped from General Drakkisath in UBRS.
- Intricately Runed Shield - Dropped from Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance.
- Husk of Nerub'enkan - Dropped from Nerub'enkan on undead side of Stratholme.
- Skullflame Shield - Random world drop from lvl 54-61 world mobs.
- Ironfoe - Dropped from Emperor Dagran Thaurissan the final boss of BRD.
- Annihilator - Acquired from Master Axe Smiths only. ( only if the armor debuff stacks with Sunder Armor. )
- For Weapons you'll be focusing on two things for different kinds of fights. For rage capped fights, which you will be at max rage constantly, you want the fastest weapon/dagger you can find so that you can queue up Heroic strike more often to take advantage of the additional threat. For non rage capped fights you'll want the highest DPS 1h you can get. When you're rage starved the the more damage you do, the more rage you get each swing.
- Any Ranged weapon with 9+ Stamina, 10+ AGI, or +1%hit. stam/AGI for a more survival based fight, and +hit% for faster threat generation.
- Gorewood Bow - Acquired from quest chain in Eastern Plaguelands. Horde chain starts with Nathanos Blightcaller and Alliance Highlord Bolvar Fordragon.
- Carapace Spine Crossbow - Dropped from Nerub'enkan on undead side of Stratholme.
- Ancient Bone Bow - Dropped from any of the last 6 bosses at the end of Scholomance.
- Blackcrow - Dropped from Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin in LBRS.
Great list my man! Thanks!!
@Defcamp thank you =]
@thermophile if you change your links from classicdb to wowhead then these will show up with active tooltips. It'd make it much easier for people to visualize. Nice list!
dignrigs last edited by
Thanks for the support guys, a couple corrections and additions will come tonight.
@thermophile I've added it to the main guides page and made you a custom thumbnail. I hope you like it!
@Melderon very much appreciated!
Fajaf last edited by
Great guide, thanks!
- a small amendment: Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin is actually in LBRS
@Fajaf fixed thanks! =]
Would like the rest of the phases too. Nice help so far. Keep it up!
Should probably add Verek's Collar as a not 800g option. https://classicdb.ch/?item=11755
Hypnoticbud last edited by
This is great! I had almost the same list written down on 2 pages of paper from months ago. So much better to have direct links and not my shit hand writing haha. Thank you so much for this brother
Is Kirtonos in Scholomance not available in P1? (He drops decent shoulders & boots)
@Mox theres always more i could add, but theyre not in the same league or really comparable so i didnt add it. tho its really the only other option at that level
@Dano i prefer not to add items without any other stats other than armor and def. that you cannot add a libram to. "of defense" items are great mitigation, but this early on you wont have enough health to take a hit, and never enough mitigation to NOT take a hit either, you know?
what about Will of the Martyr from quest Aurius' Reckoning, i know there is no def on it both it rewards 100hp and 105hp for tauren and its from an easy quest at fresh 60 would no be bad?
@Blameinsane - i mean with necks, there arent many phase 1 necks, so anythign with stam is ok. you could list a lot of + stam dps necks and they would work until you have medallion