[Phase 1] Fury Warrior End Game Starter Guide (Specs and Pre-BiS)

• Partner

@Viv dont forget Debuffs have a priority system that private servers always had wrong. deepwounds was bottom priority iirc

• Mage Warrior Horde

@thermophile Yep! It's actually in the guide already, though. I mention that in the dual wield section. The problem is, they haven't actually confirmed that it will be in Classic. So far, everyone is just assuming it will be.

• Paladin Alliance Partner

Very nice guide! I like that you put different ways to play the fury spec, I played one myself but didn't really thought about other ways to play it than the 'standard' dual-wield spec; you learn something everyday. Good job!

• Initiate

please add hit cap numbers for 2h(9%) and DW(25%+wep skill) and maybe touch on the fact that DW hit cap is literally impossible so the more hit the better but you need AP and Crit or 2h will outscale because the 9% hit chance allows you to stack as much str / crit as you can without an insane amount of hit as a prerequisite. DW fury needs hit on every piece of gear and early on, thats not sustainable loot distribution so if you are horde, essentially you will be 2h until BWL or after with the exception of someone who farmed Ironfoe and Felstriker as those are special case weapons for warriors.
    If you do slam spec, use a swing timer, its necessary.
    weapon skill cap is 315 i think, and obv is only for bosses.
    Mortal strike spec can be really good for tanking dungeons and off tanking raids (as threat doesnt matter)if the warrior is proficient at swapping quickly between 2h and sword n board. Charge > Sweeping > Whirlwind > berserkers rage > Sword and board + defensive + bloodrage > sunder. for dungeons (if u have the kahones) and for raiding the OT can switch between a higher dps setup with MS and still a good tanking setup. also when the raid is over, MS spec can go PVP without respec. If you have serious PVP warriors in the guild its good idea to set them up as MS spec OT's
    one of the best things you can do while gearing up a fresh 60 warrior is shoot for upgrade density and stat dense upgrades first. you can waste a lot of time upgrading the same slot if you arent planning your bis grind and accounting for raid loot, work out with your guild what pieces you can expect to get if they drop. I ALWAYS write down every piece im looking for and organize them in a way that i can see what would be the biggest bang for my buck to grind. So much to say on that but ill keep it simple and say UBRS has lvl 58+ greens, and very nice itemization on almost everything, its fairly easy with a good group and appropriate comp, your groups average item level will skyrocket.

• Founder Shaman Horde

@Viv have you thought about updating this to be progressive pre-raid? All phases? So much good info on this guide!

• Initiate

Superb guide, the alternatives are very informative and overall the thought process is very explicit. Thank you. πŸ™‚

• Initiate

How come there is no talk about orc axe specialization and how that affects gearing? Is it true that axe +5 skill from being an orc gives you 3% hit? If so, isn't it a good idea to try to get a 2h axe and replace hit gear with crit because we only need 6% hit as orc if that is true?

Awesome guide, thank you!

• Initiate

@Valls said in [Phase 1] Fury Warrior End Game Starter Guide (Specs and Pre-BiS):

Superb guide, the alternatives are very informative and overall the thought process is very explicit. Thank you. πŸ™‚

yep and may be as well that it's the only guide on it out there. there are fairly few overall guides, but as the name implicates, they only touch on the endgame guidelines, while you give specifics - much appreciated!

• Initiate

@Viv Can you provide any more information about the Deep Wounds debuff priority now that Classic has been out for a while? My raid leader had 5 of our DPS warriors spec out of it before raid last night, claiming we were knocking off important debuffs. I was a little upset about losing the Impale damage (as well as the gold for the respec), so I'm gathering sources to show him. Problem is that there is not much out there.

• Initiate

What should be your single-targeted rotation with the Slam build? Specifically, I'm not sure how to prioritize Slam or Bloodthirst, since I usually only generate enough rage to attack with one or the other per auto-attack.