How to properly report a bug in the Classic WoW Beta

• Founder Shaman Horde

Hey guys, I've been fortunate enough to get into the Beta and if you are among that group of people I just wanted to provide you a bug reporting format that was submitted to me by a Discord member who is involved in game design. Just a reminder, our primary roll as beta testers is to report bugs. Here is the format thanks to our discord user, John Doe:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

A bug report should be written in a clear and concise manner that allows anyone, even without great knowledge of the product, to be able to easily reproduce the issue in question. 

A bug report should include Steps to Reproduce, Observed Result, Expected Result, and Reproduction rate.  

Steps to Reproduce: 
    Ideally less than 5 steps. Ensure the last step mentions what the bug reader should be observing. 
    Load game 
    Do thing 
    Observe the thing is wrong  

Observed Results: 
    What did you see?  

Expected Results: 
    What did you expect to see?  

Reproduction Rate: 
    Try the bug five times and record how many times the error occurred. 
    Reproduction Rate: 5/5 (for example)

I'm writing this reddit post to help the Classic WoW Dev team correct any errors found by players quickly and clearly. I'm in the process of doing a load of Shaman testing and will be using this format from now on and will update the community once I'm done.

Also on r/classicwow: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/bptuws/how_to_properly_report_a_bug_in_the_classic_wow/

• Priest Horde

And don't forget to start your bug report with a little intro 😉
    "hey guys, it's your good old buddy @Defcamp again. So there's this bug..."

• Partner

Never forget the "Hey guys" lmao!