"By the great winds, I come." Classic Balance Druid Theorycraft Spreadsheet v1.6

• Initiate

Sorry it was Hand of Edward the Odd that I was thinking for Melee moonkin. It would make Starfire be an instant cast when proct. Would be interesting to see how frequent you could use it to give you a boost instead of moonfire spams.

• Initiate

• Partner

@Aunuxa Two things about Melee Moonkin's current status:

1. The Nost core where Melee Moonkin has been getting developed on is highly inaccurate for the melee formulas for a caster. Additionally, Moonfury is incorrectly weighted with Moonfire.
    2. With the understanding of the above parameters, Windfury parsed lower than Shadow Oil. I'm fairly confident this will continue to be the case in Classic, but it would have to be checked again.

If only I had beta...

• Initiate

@Keftenk Thanks for the reply. Did you take a look at the Hand of Edward the Odd? Or would stacking Spell Power be better dps than some free insta cast starefires.

• Partner

@Aunuxa I have played with Hand of Edward the Odd, yes. The proc rate is horrible though so it makes it very inconsistent. Some fights I would see 3 procs and skyrocket my DPS and other fights I wouldn't even see a single proc. Even more so I sometimes would go 3min+ before seeing a proc.

I will revisit it come Classic, but it's a weapon you roll the dice with. On top of that you must stack a bit of haste to even make it work within the GCD parameters.

• Initiate

I see you calculated stuff for a nightelf Moonkin. In theory Blessing of kings and wisdom as well as salvation (dunno how much aggro is an issue as moonkin?) seem much better, than what my preferred faction, the Horde has to offer with Shamans 😞
    Especially because you probably don't want to put a Moonkin into a group with a Shaman, do you?
    Furthermore I'm curious about the potential value of 3% crit for Healpaladin and shamans and if the loss of dps would be worthwile?

• Partner

@Michael-Klüpfel You can switch the parameters to calculate for Tauren Druid.
    Moonkin is going to benefit Warlocks the most until Phase 5 and then it shifts to Fire Mage's. There is no need to ever give a DPS stat to a healer in the current meta. What does that crit offer a Paladin? Mana return? Why do you need that? A stronger heal? Why not uprank instead since mana is a non-issue?

• Partner

The spreadsheet has been updated and released for version v1.2.
    We're still waiting on Spell Penetration data. Another update will be rolled out once there is sufficient information.

• Partner

Version 1.3 is uploaded and ready to be used.
    BG items have been properly allocated to the list, the spell optimization tool formula went through a rehaul, and other various bugs and edits were made.

• Partner

Version 1.4 uploaded.
    Spelling issues fixed and a tweak to the weighting formula. It shouldn't change entire BIS lists, but it should make it even more accurate. Additionally, I've succumbed to adding a Paypal donation link if anyone wishes to help out. I will take requests on specific features for larger $donations if that is a way you wish to contribute, i.e. Moonfire damage calculations and weighting, or a SIM, optimization per boss, etc. PST me to talk more on details.

• Partner

Version 1.5 updated.
    Big update for Zul'Gurub preparation. I also added Beef Broccoli's Moonkin SIM Calculator project that is based off of the spreadsheet itself.
    Outside of that a lot of minor changes around buffs, items, spelling corrections, and formula corrections with the math derivatives.

• Partner

Minor update. Version 1.5.1.

• Initiate

Something that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere:
    Seeing as Bloodvine is a big part of the set, is it necessary to go Tailoring for the bonus?

• Partner

@MrFirus It's a significant DPS increase, but it's not required.