Glad to see the Monotone Master of Classic is using this site. Ive watched this vid prob 3 times, great info for all levels of player.
Nick "Necro" Stane
@Nick "Necro" Stane
Posts made by Nick "Necro" Stane
RE: Lets Talk Professions
- Alchemy and Enchanting
- Both provide supportive qualities and buffs. Sometimes these buffs cant be achieved through other classes. Ive always enjoyed playing classes in other games that provided some kind of utility to the party. So for me, these replicate that exp. With both on a single toon, its almost like you have someone there providing that supprt with you.
- Always. Whether providing the edge needed to overcome an elite, or a pvp fight, to the utility provided by misc buffs such as waterwalking, professions are just another defining characteristic of your toon used to progress through the world.
- No. I tend to play solo most of the time. Im more than willing to provide services for anyone who asks, but I usually choose my professions based on what is most helpful to just me.
- Hard to say. Yes, no. I view it more as utility.
- See previous answer.
- Kinda. Not sure i would use the word defined though. I view my toons more in a measure of strength compared to say, standing out in my mind or whatever it is that you would consider "defined".
- No. The current version I think would actually suffer from it. The game has become something that everyone follows a meta set by those in front, and introducing a profession choice that matters, would encourage people to choose certain professions over another simply because its more powerful, useful, or just the meta. I remember a time (I believe it was in Wrath) when most, if not all tanks had Bs/Jc simply because it gave us 2 extra sockets and 3 more powerful gems then people who didnt have those profs. So no, i dont think it would be a good thing.
- Excellent post. Really made me think about my answers, compared to a general census on "Whats everyone choosing and why? GJ, Sir Pohgren.